Nissan logo


Covid–19 FAQs

First, we would like to thank you for patience and cooperation during this time.

The coronavirus may impact us all but in different ways, our call times may be longer at this time so please find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions around Coronavirus below.

It's a legal requirement for your car to be insured, even if you’re not driving it, unless you declare your car as 'off the road' by completing a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) You can find more information here:

Our panel of insurers have extended Comprehensive and Third-Party Fire & Theft insurance to cover your car even if you have completed a SORN. We will be happy to talk this though with you.

If you have been furloughed under the UK Government Job Retention Scheme (JRS) there is no need to worry, your policy can continue, and you do not need to inform us of your employment status.

If you have become unemployed, again your car insurance is still valid but please do call us to update the occupation on your policy.

If your financial circumstances have changed as a result of Coronavirus, we may be able to help. Call us on 0330 678 1196 and our agents will be happy to discuss options with you.

We'll help you decide if you are paying for cover that you don’t need or see if a better price is available for your insurance. There is also an option to defer monthly payments, but please remember that you’ll need to catch up with these payments later, so it may not suit all customers.

Our call wait times may be a little longer than usual.

You do not need to worry about your car insurance, our insurers are happy for your policy to continue without making any changes.

Don't worry about updating your policy as your insurance will still be valid. You do not need to call us to update this.

Providing this is temporary your cover will not be affected so there is no need to call us.

If keeping your car at an alternative address becomes a permanent arrangement, then you will need to call us so we can update your details.

If the person who is helping you has their own car insurance which includes 'Driving Other Cars' (usually stated on the Certificate of Insurance) then yes, with your permission they will be able drive your car. Please bear in mind this cover is restricted to Third-Party Only and is intended for short-term emergency use.

If you have comprehensive insurance and want to ensure that damage to your own car is covered when someone else uses your car, you should contact us to add them as named driver to your policy.

So long as you are not being paid for the service you are providing, you don't need to tell us.

Yes, your car will be repaired by the roadside or recovered as normal. The mechanic will follow social distancing guidelines to protect both themselves and you.

If you have been defined as a key worker by the UK Government as part of the national response to Coronavirus and you need to use your car to drive to work including different locations, your cover will not be affected and you do not need to tell us.